(Only those persons who meet the minimum qualifications as posted should apply)
- High School Diploma or Accredited General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Note: Proof of U.S. equivalency must be provided if diploma is from outside of the United States.
- Experience working with infants, toddlers, pre-school and/or school age children
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days of employment
- Reliable transportation to travel to different locations in San Antonio where classes are held
- Available to work between 7:am to 5:30pm
- Must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting check prior to starting employment.
- Non-refundable fee paid by employee.
- Skilled in planning and preparing lessons that are age-appropriate for children
*** Selected applicants may be required to test in specialized fields and/or to demonstrate skills by completing job simulations.
- Supervise, care for, and provide instruction (conduct activities outlined by program) for children.
- Assist children with diapering, toileting, hygiene, and lifting.
- Maintain attendance rosters.
- Responsible for materials, ordering new ones, and procuring supplies from the office.
- Follow guidelines for parent drop-off and pick-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
- Lifts/carries 5- 10 pounds frequently, 10-45 pounds occasionally.
- Continual walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending, twisting.
- Work indoors and outdoors in varying climate conditions.